Adopted: Tyler Austin

...with apologies to The Sons of Sam Horn.

Re: Adopted: Tyler Austin

Postby themetfairy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:13 pm

themetfairy
Lady Met -- Mascot, 1964-present

Edgy MD wrote:There are probably few precedents: two rookies homer in their respective first at-bats, back to back.

Reportedly it's an MLB first.
In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, "I have finished." There is a lot of satisfaction in that - Fred Lebow

Postby themetfairy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:15 am

themetfairy

I believe that Tyler is the first CPF adoptee to have Foley's name a burger after him -

This week’s stuffed burger, the Tyler Austin Taco Burger! For each one ordered $1 will be donated to the the Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation! #TheRightStuff
In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, "I have finished." There is a lot of satisfaction in that - Fred Lebow

Postby themetfairy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:55 pm

themetfairy

The kid has a broken foot and will be out for the next six weeks. Based on that, he probably starts the season in extended spring training.

Postby themetfairy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:10 am

themetfairy

My adoptee's foot has healed and he's been called back up to the majors.

Now if we could only trade for him to save him from the dark side....

Postby themetfairy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:05 pm

themetfairy

After another stint on the DL for a hamstring injury, Tyler has been called up for tonight's game.

Hopefully he won't be much of a factor in it....

Previous

Return to Adopt-a-Prospect Forum