Forecasts for Fifteen: Jenrry Mejia

Sometimes we all think we're Kreskin. Here's where CPF prognosticators get proven right or wrong.

Re: Forecasts for Fifteen: Jenrry Mejia

Postby Ceetar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:29 am

Ceetar
Jane Jarvis, Organist, 1964-1979

I think we might see a little different managing from Terry this year.

Certainly not suggesting he's going to get that innovative, but I think I expect to see a lot less patience in general.

He's always been a manager to fall in love, and I think this could lean more towards him deciding to say keep Familia in the 9th if he blew 'em away in the 8th.
"Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"

-Ceetar, the Optimistic Mets Fan

Postby John Cougar Lunchbucket » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:40 am

John Cougar Lunchbucket
Eddie Yost, 3B Coach 1968-1975

I'll tell ya what: If Mejia struggles and needs less-demanding assignments there's always Rafael Montero to switch roles with. Familia too of course.

If everything works out the way I would guess it might (Gee is only 'eh' as a starter, Matz and Syndergaard kick ass in AAA, Mejia struggles, Black and Parnell are question marks healthwise and Familia is solid as a 8th inning type fireman) you free up the logjam of potential 5th starters and get Mejia into a role where if he's gonna get hit hard its where we can most afford it without disrupting what else works. Plenty of moving parts but part of a Big Picture kinda scenario, which is how the club has been doing things generally.

Other than his time with the club last year at least, Montero doesn't walk guys or give up HRs, and appears healthy. I read somewhere where they said he "badly" tipped pitches last season; although I know that's one of those things they say when a guy struggles sometimes.
Let me tell you something: I have a big set of balls.

Postby Edgy MD » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:59 am

Edgy MD
Rube Walker — Pitching Coach, 1968–1981

Montero would have to get past the "lacks lights-out stuff" label. Not to many control pitchers get the chance unless the team is desperate.
I'll be your patron saint of heartbreak.

Previous

Return to Predictions Archives