Horse, Shit & Horseshit: The Sarah Huckabee Thread.

Information and ideas that aren't about baseball, but that you think the community would appreciate, go here.

Horse, Shit & Horseshit: The Sarah Huckabee Thread.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:18 am

batmagadanleadoff
J.P. Ricciardi. Special Assistant to the GM

Rick Wilson: Sanders knows she’s lying, but does it anyway

excerpt:

GOP strategist Rick Wilson, an opponent of Donald Trump who frequently criticizes the president, said White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders knows she is lying, but continues to do it.

“Her job is contingent upon her being a serial congenital liar in defense of Donald Trump’s latest outrages,” Wilson said during an appearance on CNN.

“I mean, she probably has some like tiny, shriveled husk left in her soul where she realizes this is the wrong thing to do. But she does it anyway because otherwise they’ll replace her."

Wilson ... said ... that few presidents go out and "crap on the dignity and legacy of people like these code talkers...and then send their press secretary out to answer questions in a way that isn't saying, 'Wow the president regrets what he said today, he made a mistake.'"

"Instead, [Sanders] goes out and she tries to bury people in an avalanche of horse shit everyday, because this is her job," he said....

Wilson said he understands it is Huckabee Sanders job to defend the president.

But, he added, there have been few other cases where the White House press secretary has had to defend "somebody is slinging stuff that is demonstrably racially charged."

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/362089 ... -it-anyway

Re: Horse, Shit & Horseshit: The Sarah Huckabee Thread.

Postby Ceetar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:30 am

Ceetar
Jane Jarvis, Organist, 1964-1979

no one _made_ her lie about baking a chocolate pecan pie and then tweeting a stock image of one.
"Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"

-Ceetar, the Optimistic Mets Fan

Postby Centerfield » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am

Centerfield
3) Dwight Gooden, SP, RP, 1984-1994

What does it matter. Eventually her term will end and she'll be yucking it up with the late night hosts and all will be forgiven.

Disgusting.

"Ha ha ha, remember when I spouted racist propoganda? OMG that was so funny! LOL."

Postby 41Forever » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 am

41Forever
375) Scott Rice, RP, 2013-2014

Should this be moved to the politics thread?

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:48 am

batmagadanleadoff

41Forever wrote:Should this be moved to the politics thread?

Oh great. The Sarah Huckabee of Michigan chimes in. No! It's a thread specifically dedicated to Sarah Huckabee, the central figure of this thread. Sarah Huckabee gets her own thread. Maybe you can appoint an Emergency Manager to run this forum according to your whims. Then you can bury this thread wherever you'd like, despite the rules and the will of the people. You'd like that, wouldn't you? You like Sarah Huckabee too, don't you? And I'm a misogynist because I made fun of this serial bullshit tossing press secretary.

Postby 41Forever » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:54 am

41Forever
375) Scott Rice, RP, 2013-2014

batmagadanleadoff wrote:

Oh great. The Sarah Huckabee of Michigan chimes in. No! It's a thread specifically dedicated to Sarah Huckabee, the central figure of this thread. Sarah Huckabee gets her own thread. Maybe you can appoint an Emergency Manager to run this forum according to your whims. Then you can bury this thread wherever you'd like, despite the rules and the will of the people. You'd like that, wouldn't you? You like Sarah Huckabee too, don't you? And I'm a misogynist because I made fun of this serial bullshit tossing press secretary.

Should personal attacks be moved to the Red Light Forum?
Last edited by 41Forever on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:57 am

batmagadanleadoff

41Forever wrote:
batmagadanleadoff wrote:

Shout personal attacks be moved to the Red Light Forum?

Like your post about moving this thread wasn't really a personal attack against me disguised as something else. Like you would've written your post if anybody else started this thread. Did you really think this thread ought to have been moved? That was a ridiculous, moronic request if that's all it was. All this to essentially kill this thread by burying it, because press secretaries stick together. Well, you know the old saying: "everything's gotta die of something". Or something like that.
Last edited by batmagadanleadoff on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ceetar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Ceetar

Another recent garbage move, she 'asked' that every reporter say what they were thankful for last week before asking a question. Most of the press bought in, rather than pushing it. That's not what the time is meant for, and she's supposed to be answering questions, not asking them, nor making the reporters fill up time that could be spent asking valuable questions with reflection.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Ceetar wrote:Another recent garbage move, she 'asked' that every reporter say what they were thankful for last week before asking a question. Most of the press bought in, rather than pushing it. That's not what the time is meant for, and she's supposed to be answering questions, not asking them, nor making the reporters fill up time that could be spent asking valuable questions with reflection.

I wrote about that in the (lol) Politics thread last week. I linked to a terrific piece in The New Yorker about that. Maybe we should (lol) move the Politics thread to this Huckabee thread. Let's run it by 41F, first.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Here you go Ceets. Because as things are developing here, this post now belongs in the Sarah Huckabee thread. The Sarah Huckabee thread rules!

I'd be thankful that Sarah Huckabee didn't ask me to lick her vagina. God knows what kind of rank odors are swirling around down there. This latest disgrace and new low to the office of Press Secretary is even uglier on the inside than she is on the outside.

This must read story is more than a day old, but I only found out about it late last night. Here it is:

The Degrading Ritual of Sarah Huckabee Sanders’s Pre-Thanksgiving Press Briefing

By Masha Gessen

November 21, 2017

The President of the United States is a bully who makes a mockery of his office, democratic institutions, and the English language. So is his press secretary. On Monday, during the last briefing before the Thanksgiving holiday, Sarah Huckabee Sanders treated the White House press pool the way a sadistic teen-ager would treat a group of third graders. The journalists, for the most part, went along with it.

Sanders began her part of the briefing by saying that she was thankful for all the reporters in the room. “That goes without saying,” she added, in a tone that made it clear that the White House press secretary really does not like the White House press corps. There was slight, uncomfortable laughter in the room. Then Sanders listed the people and things for which she was actually grateful: her family, her faith, the military, the police, the firemen, and the first responders.

Unpleasant as her opening comment might have sounded, it’s all right for the press secretary to have an adversarial relationship with reporters; it is certainly better than a cozy relationship. But coziness seemed to be what Sanders was trying to elicit next. “If you want to ask a question, I think it’s only fair, since I’ve shared what I’m thankful for, that you start off with what you’re thankful for,” she said.

It is the job of reporters to ask questions, and it is Sanders’s job to answer them. That was why they were all gathered there: to do their jobs of asking and answering. Of course, this is merely a matter of convention; there is no law or rule to prevent Sanders from rejecting questions or from setting conditions for their asking. One might assume that the reporters in the room have the power, given that they serve as the informal representatives of the voting public. But this is not how this Administration interprets the relationship, and Sanders was reminding the press corps that she has the power to respond to their questions or not.

“Anybody want to be first on what they are thankful for?” Sanders asked. Her tone was menacing, the tone of a bully asking for a volunteer to be humiliated in front of the room. She called on April Ryan, of American Urban Radio Networks. Ryan was one of the few African-American reporters in the room, and her questions have clearly annoyed Sanders in the past. Ryan had tried, unsuccessfully, to ask a question during an earlier part of the briefing, when Secretary of State Rex Tillerson spoke about North Korea.

“April, you’ve been sooo eager,” Sanders said. There was laughter. There is always laughter when bullies mock their marks.

“I’m thankful for life,” Ryan said, going along with the rule proposed by Sanders. “I’m thankful for my children. I’m thankful for twenty years in this job. I’m thankful to be able to talk to you and question you every single day.” Ryan ended on a big, insincere smile.

“I feel the gratefulness here,” Sanders responded, with her own angry smile. There was a smattering of laughter.

As a person responding to a bully, Ryan had held her own: she had complied with the terms dictated, but she had not let herself be humiliated. But as a reporter in the White House briefing room, she had just been co-opted into a transparently hypocritical ritual. She was no longer an observer of the Trump Administration’s habit of lying; she had become complicit. She had also participated in the ritual of denigrating her profession. Ryan’s question was about North Korea and the apparent lack of reliable information on that country’s nuclear arsenal. But she had helped Sanders make that seem unimportant, compared with the petty power struggle in the room. When Ryan tried to ask a follow-up question about Trump’s continued Twitter war with North Korea, Sanders said, “April, I’m starting to regret calling on you first.” Then she moved on to the next question.

The next reporter, Francesca Chambers, of the Daily Mail, responded enthusiastically. “I will follow your lead,” she said, and expressed thanks for service members and the police, noting that her brother is a service member and her father a policeman. She asked an easily deflected question about the Alabama senatorial race.

Jon Decker, of Fox News, was thankful for his health, his family, his faith, and the fact that he lives “in the best country on the face of the Earth.”

“See, isn’t this nice?” Sanders asked.

“And I’m thankful, of course, that you address us every day here,” Decker continued. He asked if the President would be happy to see Roy Moore win in Alabama. Sanders avoided answering this question.

Blake Burman, of Fox Business Network, was thankful for his family, his parents, and his wife, who is pregnant with the couple’s second child. Cecilia Vega, of ABC News, was grateful for the First Amendment. Steven Herman, of Voice of America, was grateful for surviving the President’s Asia tour. Sarah Westwood, of the Washington Examiner, neglected to offer thanks. Instead, she asked two questions: Had the President talked to the senatorial candidate Roy Moore since allegations that he had sexually abused several young women first surfaced, on November 9th? Sanders said that he had not. What had the President meant, earlier that day, when he said that welfare reform was “desperately needed in this country”? Sanders answered that specifics would be forthcoming—her way of saying that it was anybody’s guess what Trump had meant.

Zeke Miller, from the Associated Press, launched straight into a question as well, asking about the lack of diversity among Trump’s judicial nominees. Sanders called him out, though: “You did break the rule,” she said, demonstrating that power grows if the rules are enforced selectively. Miller quickly said that he was grateful for everything, and pressed on with the question, which Sanders, again, deflected. Margaret Brennan, of CBS News, was thankful for the First Amendment, “and for this exercise.” Kristin Fisher, from Fox News, filling in for John Roberts, was grateful for the opportunity to attend the briefing, and for the fact that she had only one month to go until her pregnancy was over. She happened to have a relevant question: it concerned gratitude. The President had used the word “ungrateful” to describe the three U.C.L.A. freshmen who returned home after being detained in China on suspicion of shoplifting. Sanders deflected this question, but then Matthew Nussbaum, of Politico, asked why the President had tweeted that he “should have left them in jail.”

“Look, it was a rhetorical response,” Sanders said, asserting, in effect, that the President’s words have no meaning.

Finally, John Gizzi, of Newsmax, was thankful “for the position I have and the colleagues who are my friends. I’m thankful for my father, ninety-six years old and going strong, and to my wife, my heroine, thankful to her for saying yes on the fourth request.” There was laughter. “My question is about Zimbabwe.” Much more laughter.

“That’s the best pivot I’ve ever seen,” Sanders said, as though questions about actual coups in actual countries, and the actual American position on them, were extraneous to the White House briefing. “I don’t have any announcements on our relationship with Zimbabwe at this time, but certainly we’ll make sure and keep you guys posted,” she said. “Again, want to wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving and thank you for participating in this very fun exercise.”

And it was over. The exercise had established that the White House press pool consists primarily of straight, pious white men. The press secretary had enlisted the reporters’ help in mocking the purpose of the briefing; no information was conveyed from the White House to the public. She had shown who was boss: she could hold journalists to an arbitrary rule by making them offer thanks before asking a question, which diminished the journalists’ ability to hold her to the task of answering their questions. She reaffirmed that both the President and she herself lie easily and blatantly—as he did when he issued a “rhetorical response” on the U.C.L.A. students, and as she did at the beginning of the briefing, when she claimed to be thankful for the reporters in the room. By making them laugh when she said that, and when she mocked April Ryan, and when she called the forced ritual a “fun exercise,” she gave them a role in debasing their profession and the job of reporting on the White House. This is how it happens: the matter was trivial, the whole spectacle lasted all of sixteen minutes, and we were all the worse for it.

Masha Gessen, a staff writer, has written several books, including, most recently, “The Future Is History: How Totalitarianism Reclaimed Russia,” which won the National Book

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... s-briefing

Postby Ceetar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Ceetar

the Politics thread is a billion pages long and Trump has done like a million illegal and racist things since then. I guess I forgot.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:13 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Ceetar wrote:the Politics thread is a billion pages long and Trump has done like a million illegal and racist things since then. I guess I forgot.

See the post above your last one.

Postby Fman99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Fman99
Sidd Finch, P, 1985, 168 MPH

She's a big idiot.

Batmags, also, you are one belligerent fucking repeating record. I think the Republicans are all soulless bastards too, but your personal vitriol towards other CPF posters is more tired than a Presidential tirade.
POW! You've been Fmanned!

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:36 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Fman99 wrote:She's a big idiot.

Batmags, also, you are one belligerent fucking repeating record. I think the Republicans are all soulless bastards too, but your personal vitriol towards other CPF posters is more tired than a Presidential tirade.

Just like your stupid, tired tit jokes. What balls on that 41F to call me a misogynist but not you, in light of the totality of your posting history. This reminds me of the time that Ashie teed off on me for like half a dozen or so posts stretched out over half a week -- posts that I ignored. But when I finally did respond, in jumps 41F to tell me to cool it, or back off or something like that. I wonder if 41F'll butt in here and ask that your post be red-lit because you used the "f" word? I doubt it. That's only for when I do it.

Postby Fman99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Fman99

batmagadanleadoff wrote:
Fman99 wrote:She's a big idiot.

Just like your stupid, tired tit jokes. What balls on that 41F to call me a misogynist but not you, in light of the totality of your posting history. This reminds me of the time that Ashie teed off on me for like half a dozen or so posts stretched out over half a week -- posts that I ignored. But when I finally did respond, in jumps 41F to tell me to cool it, or back off or something like that. I wonder if 41F'll butt in here and ask that your post be red-lit because you used the "f" word? I doubt it. That's only for when I do it.

They're not all tit jokes. Some of them are about butts, balls, and dicks. Pay attention!

I have the decency to be entertaining. You, on the other hand, are just a white noise generator.

I think anyone who's a Republican and also loves our country should be embarrassed at the President. I think also that the fact that 3/4 of the party still approves of his performance just means that they're selling out their own moral center for the advancing of their agenda. I don't like any of it, not one bit.

But I also don't use it as a pedestal to attack people here. I've got other things to do. Like making jokes about tits!

As for being a misogynyst, that's ill applied to me. I make jokes about women because I love women. There's no hate there. You should consult your dictionary or thesaurus and get back to me.

Postby Fman99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Fman99

You can reply, if you like, but I've blocked you, so I won't see it anyway. Because you're just the dullest thing going.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:47 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Fman99 wrote:
But I also don't use it as a pedestal to attack people here. I've got other things to do. Like making jokes about tits!

I only personally attack posters who've personally attacked me first. If you don't see that, you're in denial and you choose to see what you want to see and don't want to see. Not surprised that you never stuck up for me when I was personally attacked but you feel the need to involve yourself only when I respond in kind. There's a terrible double standard here and I've been at the point now here for a while where I truly couldn't give a flying fuck about what anyone thinks about my posts anymore.

Postby Benjamin Grimm » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Benjamin Grimm
Ralph Kiner
Hall of Famer/Broadcaster

batmagadanleadoff wrote:There's a terrible double standard here and I've been at the point now here for a while where I truly couldn't give a flying fuck about what anyone thinks about my posts anymore.

Does this mean you'll stop all the whining?

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:59 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Fman99 wrote:You can reply, if you like, but I've blocked you, so I won't see it anyway. Because you're just the dullest thing going.

Like I give a shit. You're the one person on this forum, I usually go out of my way not to engage with. I never address anything you write except, occasionally, when you attack me, which you often do. And even then, I usually ignore them because I want nothing to do with you. I don't even wanna disagree with you, I find you so distasteful. You've been up my ass pretty much since I joined this forum. Not so much in quantity, like Kong who's been relentlessly busting my balls from day one. No, not so much in quantity. But in quality. You've probably written some of the meanest things anyone's ever written to me, or anyone else here. Not that I lost sleep over those posts, but I haven't forgotten them. I avoid you like the plague. Your jokes are stupid, monotonous and tiring and you have nothing interesting or worthwhile or original to say about anything, as far as I'm concerned. If you're not reading my posts, I'm happy. Good.

Postby d'Kong76 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:04 pm

d'Kong76
David Arthur Kingman, 1B-OF-3B 1975-1977, 1981-1983

batmagadanleadoff wrote:Not so much in quantity, like Kong who's been relentlessly busting my balls from day one.

You've been exponentially exaggerating this since day one too. You know it,
the forum knows it, Huckabee's allegedly smelly vagina knows it!!

Postby cooby » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:05 pm

cooby
John Milner, OF, 1971-1977 - The Hammer

Lolololol

Postby John Cougar Lunchbucket » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 pm

John Cougar Lunchbucket
Eddie Yost, 3B Coach 1968-1975

guys I think this forum is becoming a mess because of the fighting and some of it is way too personal and larded with history, and at the risk of becoming everyone's enemy can we please be sensitive that there's at least one user here who feels as though the rules have been applied unfairly, and said as much often and evidently hasn't felt as though that message has gotten through; and that there's different posters here who'd like to debate polytics and other stuff without it being mean-spirited and personal about the *poster* if not the material.
Let me tell you something: I have a big set of balls.

Postby Ashie62 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Ashie62
Josh Lewin, Radio Broadcaster since 2012

Nothing lasts forever sadly.

Postby d'Kong76 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:34 pm

d'Kong76
David Arthur Kingman, 1B-OF-3B 1975-1977, 1981-1983

I've buried the hatchet a dozen times.
Maybe I'll just take the rest of the year off.
Batmags wins. Again.

Postby Ashie62 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Ashie62
Josh Lewin, Radio Broadcaster since 2012

This kinda reminds me of "the burn book" in the movie Mean Girls.

We are losing members.

Next

Return to The Non-Baseball Forum