Ottoneu 2018

Keep it out of the Baseball Forum, guys.

Ottoneu 2018

Postby Ceetar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:17 am

Ceetar
Jane Jarvis, Organist, 1964-1979

Everyone's still in right?

Anyone want to be first alternate for someone that may or may not come back?

I was able to add a site password which should prevent people from randomly grabbing accidentally abandoned teams. the password for the league is 'ed'.
"Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"

-Ceetar, the Optimistic Mets Fan

Re: Ottoneu 2018

Postby metsmarathon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:52 pm

metsmarathon
shea stadium's running met

i have a friend who might be interested in taking on a team, if need be. he's a mets fan.

although, given the history of the league, maybe y'all shouldn't let me bring anyone else in, so as the rest of y'all might have a chance of winning! ;)
the first step is admitting you're a runner.

running is a mental sport, and we're all insane.

"i think that's why the marathon is so addicting. because you always want more." - shalane flanagan

Postby metsmarathon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:14 pm

metsmarathon

if i may continue a thought from the 2017 thread...

instead of divisions, and if we did put some small meager cash money on the table, we could always award a smaller prize for the second-half winner. tally the stats at the all star break, reset the totals to zero, and see who does best from then on. that might be enough to keep people's interest.

alternatively, and i'd mentioned this in the message board, we could try to run an off-line head to head mirror league, where we sum up every team's weekly stats and match 'em up against that week's designated opponent. it'd take a fair bit of work to pull off, but would offer some distinction and maybe a reason for lower-tier teams to play.

altogether though, i was in 7th place at the end of june, and going into the last month, i honestly felt like if things broke just right, i might be able to make a run at the lead. and was really hoping to at least take second. and the devil toads climbed from 35 points to 60, and were within spitting distance of a few more points, too. and poor muddy chickens, looked like he was going to run away with the damned thing early in the season, and he dropped to 8th (and will plummet to 9th once his pitching stats get expunged). so the season is really up for grabs even late.

i guess the bigger issue might be how do we get the bottom of the league to get into the game, and keep trying to run out the best lineups and build the best rosters, but theoretically, the dynastic nature of our league should make that happen. those teams should be shedding salary and building future depth.

"i think that's why the marathon is so addicting. because you always want more." - shalane flanagan

Postby seawolf17 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:19 pm

seawolf17
Phantom Met Terrel Hansen. Two days, zero games, 1992

My team was all over the place this year, and I made bad lineup decisions because I wasn't on top of it every day. I left a ton of points on the table that could have put me into second place.

I'm back in for next year, and I don't want to make a massive financial investment, but a fun $20 buy-in or something is doable.
I believe that someday I will punch that arrogant foreman at the plant square on his fat nose; that I will get in the last word with my wife; that I will win the Irish sweepstakes; that the Mets will start a winning streak.

Postby Ceetar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Ceetar

seawolf17 wrote:My team was all over the place this year, and I made bad lineup decisions because I wasn't on top of it every day. I left a ton of points on the table that could have put me into second place.

I'm back in for next year, and I don't want to make a massive financial investment, but a fun $20 buy-in or something is doable.

yeah. I don't want to get too heavily financially into fantasy. I'm already in Fman's league for like $100 or something.

but I was thinking like $20, or even 10.

at $20 we could do $120 to the winner and like $40 to the second half winner or like $5 for each category win.

Postby John Cougar Lunchbucket » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 pm

John Cougar Lunchbucket
Eddie Yost, 3B Coach 1968-1975

Ok I can give you guys $20
Let me tell you something: I have a big set of balls.

Postby metsmarathon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:11 am

metsmarathon

deathship might want to drop some players before tonight's keeper deadline. maybe...

Postby smg58 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm

smg58
163) Joe Torre, 1B, 3B, 1975-1977

I'm in.

Postby metsmarathon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:54 pm

metsmarathon

hey all, do remember to be mindful of re-upping your franchises! that deadline always seems to sneak up on people come february 14th!

Postby Ceetar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am

Ceetar

I'm updating Ottoneu. league password is 'welcome abordick' which should help keep rando's from claiming teams that we lose and don't notice, etc.

new features and the like. playoffs, head to head?

http://community.ottoneu.com/t/head-to-head-scoring-coming-to-ottoneu-fantasy-baseball-in-2018/2669

this will be messy as it's new features, new coding. but we gotta do it. it makes it more competitive. I'm going to turn playoffs on unless there's overwhelming angst about it. We can vote on switching to head to head/divisions and the playoff format. The playoff format will always be head to head though, just an fyi.

I'm gonna make two threads for voting. one for head to head versus current, one for playoff options.

Return to Crane Pool Forum Fantasy League