Target Field

A guide to baseball stadia everywhere, where Crane Poolers share their experiences from each ballpark they visit.

Target Field

Postby John Cougar Lunchbucket » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:34 am

John Cougar Lunchbucket
Eddie Yost, 3B Coach 1968-1975

I snuck out of a conference last summer to catch a Gay Dame here and despite the home team getting killed was a nice experience.

The downtown-ness of the park shouldn't be underrated: It is jammed in there and seems to take up very little space. Scoreboards and skyline view are excellent.

The absolute best thing was, I got there from St. Paul by train in 20 minutes, and then from the park to the airport, by train. The train stops right next to the park. And the Target field guys were very nice and let me stash my bag at the park, which Citifield would never do in a million years.

There is a whiskey bar in center field. I don't recall the food being all that special -- just like the real Target!

Downside, everyone looks like a Target employee, including the Twins.
Let me tell you something: I have a big set of balls.

Re: Target Field

Postby themetfairy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:11 am

themetfairy
Lady Met -- Mascot, 1964-present

I found that the seats were packed in sardine-like, which was uncomfortable. But they did a great job of paying homage to the team's history.

And the cheese curds allowed me to do my Little Miss Muffet imitation -

In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, "I have finished." There is a lot of satisfaction in that - Fred Lebow

Re: Target Field

Postby Frayed Knot » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 am

Frayed Knot
Jeff Torborg. Mets Manager, 1992-93

I like that they proudly display this hokey though iconic logo large and centered so that there's no way of mistaking it for the home of any other team unlike .... well, unlike some places.

Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.

Return to The On-the-Road-Again Forum