Political rhetoric in baseball forum

Bitch to them or bitch about them. Forward your complaints here.

Political rhetoric in baseball forum

Postby Ashie62 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Ashie62
Josh Lewin, Radio Broadcaster since 2012

Anyway we can knock this out to have an enjoyable baseball page season. I think you know who the primary bad actor is. Thanks for considering.

Re: Political rhetoric in baseball forum

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:46 pm

batmagadanleadoff
J.P. Ricciardi. Special Assistant to the GM

Ashie62 wrote:Anyway we can knock this out to have an enjoyable baseball page season. I think you know who the primary bad actor is. Thanks for considering.

Again with that Trump joke, which I'm so fucking sick of already. How many threads are you gonna start over that? And humor me --- who would that primary bad actor be, as if I didn't know? I mean, we're talking about one single lonesome Trump joke here, right? Which you wouldn't have ever complained about if it was an Obama joke, you hypocrite. You act as if I made 100 Trump jokes. NTTAWWT
Last edited by batmagadanleadoff on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby d'Kong76 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:00 am

d'Kong76
David Arthur Kingman, 1B-OF-3B 1975-1977, 1981-1983

Going forward, we should probably refrain from getting so personal here
that we're digging up stuff to nail home a point and then including people's
real names in negative/derogatory posts?

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:21 pm

batmagadanleadoff

d'Kong76 wrote:Going forward, we should probably refrain from getting so personal here
that we're digging up stuff to nail home a point and then including people's
real names in negative/derogatory posts?

I know that you mean well and that your post is well-intentioned. And I agree with your post. I can guarantee you that no one on this forum is more self-aware and respectful of someone else's right to privacy than I am.

But I haven't done any of the things you seem to suggest that I did. The Flint water scandal is a public and national story. And MGIM is a public figure personally involved in that story -- first as a journalist reporting the scandal, and then as his Governor's press secretary. His name has appeared in many stories covering the scandal where he is characterized not just as a government employee, but as an active participant in that scandal, accused by many of personally concealing crucial evidence to protect his governor. That article I posted above is kid stuff compared to some of the other stuff out there about him.

Also, every regular on this forum should know his real name. He's volunteered his real name numerous times here, encouraging us to google those journalistic pieces he's written that he's proud of. And he's referred us to his personal blog/web site where his real name is easily found. My post is fair game. I don't think I've done anything to invade someone's personal space. And I can promise you that I never will. But this isn't the case here.

Postby cooby » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:58 pm

cooby
John Milner, OF, 1971-1977 - The Hammer

Oh my god I didn't dream it

Postby d'Kong76 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 pm

d'Kong76

batmagadanleadoff wrote:But I haven't done any of the things you seem to suggest that I did.

d'Kong76 wrote:including people's real names in negative/derogatory posts?

I don't know or really care why this battle is so important to you but please, PLEASE,
try not to make things so personal. The bots get hold of this and it's on the internet
forever unless we're put in the position to delete it. And then it's feather in the cap of
the this-place-is-over-admin'd club. I googled his name and the forum name and yes
he posted his name in the music trivia derby. Big woop. His name is gonna propogate
on the search engines and have links here. He doesn't need that, and neither do we?

Right?

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:00 pm

batmagadanleadoff

d'Kong76 wrote:
batmagadanleadoff wrote:But I haven't done any of the things you seem to suggest that I did.

d'Kong76 wrote:including people's real names in negative/derogatory posts?

I don't know or really care why this battle is so important to you but please, PLEASE,
try not to make things so personal. The bots get hold of this and it's on the internet
forever unless we're put in the position to delete it. And then it's feather in the cap of
the this-place-is-over-admin'd club. I googled his name and the forum name and yes
he posted his name in the music trivia derby. Big woop. His name is gonna propogate
on the search engines and have links here. He doesn't need that, and neither do we?

Right?

So what is it that you prefer I don't do? Post some member's real life name here? Because I never did that. Do you want me to not post about the Flint water scandal? Because that's a national interest news story. Do you want me to not post critical pieces about Betsy Devos on grounds that MGIM might throw another ninny-fit? Not post a national interest news article that mentions some CPF member's real name? What if I posted a review of the the Mets By the Numbers book? Or a review of VIcSage's new sci-fi book, Spira Mirabilis? Are those posts off limits because they would include the real life names of their respective authors/CPF members? If you ever addressed your post to VicSage, he'd stick his .38 up your nose and force you to sing Barnacle Bill the Sailor.

Come up with something fair and sensible and you have my word that I'll comply.

Postby d'Kong76 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:08 pm

d'Kong76

batmagadanleadoff wrote:If you ever addressed your post to VicSage, he'd stick his .38 up your nose and force you to sing Barnacle Bill the Sailor.

Lol... and I'd stick it up his ass because all threads lead to his ass!

Postby Vic Sage » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Vic Sage
Tim Leary, failed blue-chip prospect and LSD enthusiast

a quote from one of my stories!
whoopie!!

i'm a happy golem!
"It's not the answers that matter, it's the questions."

Postby Edgy MD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Edgy MD
Rube Walker — Pitching Coach, 1968–1981

It's a good idea if we go on the honor system here and don't use the posters' real names, even as we often know them. Please stick to that policy.
I'll be your patron saint of heartbreak.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Edgy MD wrote:It's a good idea if we go on the honor system here and don't use the posters' real names, even as we often know them. Please stick to that policy.

Good by me. But define "use". Because I get it if you think we shouldn't use the real names in the posts we write. That's a sensible idea. But what about copying and pasting or linking to web articles that might include someone's real name?

Does this mean that I can't link to a Faith and Fear piece or a book review of the Mets By the Numbers book? Or a review of the Donn Clendenon piece in The Miracle Has Landed? Or that I can't copy and paste those reviews here?

What if it turns out that Senator Elizabeth Warren was cheating on her husband and having a steamy affair with the poster that goes by the name here of VicSage and that they had sex behind Lincoln's ass at the Lincoln Monument? And the papers got a hold of that one and named names. Would coverage of that affair be off limits on this forum? If I copied and pasted excerpts (of course, excerpts) of those articles, would I have to redact any real names of any posters here?

What if Betsy Devos asked Donald Trump to shove a 10 inch dildo molded in the shape of Jesus up her ass and the New York Times ran that story along with photos of the sex act? Is that story off limits? What if it was MGIM instead of Donald Trump shoving the dildo up Betsy Devos's ass? Would that make any difference as far as your policy is concerned? Or is the MGIM version of the story OK so long as I redact any names of posters here?

Thanks in advance because I don't wanna break any rules here and I wanna get off on the right foot right from the get go.
Last edited by batmagadanleadoff on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Edgy MD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Edgy MD

Well, you're not. Please don't condescend to me. I'm not having it.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:16 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Edgy MD wrote:Well, you're not. Please don't condescend to me. I'm not having it.

Of course you're not having it. When did you ever take my side on any of this shit? Ever? People could whale on me from here to eternity but the second I respond, you're all over me. People here don't disagree with me by telling me, for example, that they might disagree with my opinion of Lucas Duda or Jeff Sessions. No, they tell me to go fuck myself and write insulting and fake news posts that I'm supposed to be broke or that I flip hamburgers for a living or that I'm not worthy of engaging with. They write those posts over and over and you don't do a flying fuck about it, not that I'd ever come crying to you to settle my battles, but the second I respond, then it's a goddamn crisis.

That's a perfectly valid post I wrote. Anybody else here writes it and you'd probably join in, adding humor to an already funny post. Your "use" policy, even if it's well-intentioned is so ambiguous as to be pointless. I thought I'd bring it out, is all.

Only me. I'm the only one here that would generate a shitstorm of ugly jackass responses all because I made a joke about Donald Trump. This is what it's come to. You can't make Donald Trump jokes anymore. No let me rephrase that. I can't make Donald Trump jokes anymore.
Last edited by batmagadanleadoff on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Edgy MD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Edgy MD

And here comes the martyr act. Right on time.

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

batmagadanleadoff

Edgy MD wrote:And here comes the martyr act. Right on time.

It's not a martyr act. It's the goddamn truth. I don't even know what this martyr act thing means. It's as vague and meaningless as your "policy" post. So I'm a martyr because I note abusive off-topic personal attacks aimed at me? You use that word martyr to make it appear as if I'm making this all up and that those personal ad hominem attacks against me don't exist and never happened.

And beside, is that an excuse for you never ever taking my side when posters write unprovoked personal attacks against me? One guy here abused me for about eight fucking years running with me ignoring about 95% of it until I decided not to anymore (and I'm not gonna mention his name because maybe that's in the past -- we seem to be getting along lately and that's a good thing) and you acted as if you weren't even aware of it ever happening even though you write more posts and spend more time here than anybody and nothing that goes on here, not even the most trivial things escape your awareness.

You called me a martyr as a defense because you wrote a flawed post and got called out for it. Not that you'd ever admit a mistake, at least to me. I can't tell you how many times I've seen you weasel and bullshit and doubletalk your way out of things you wrote that weren't on the up and up.

Postby Ceetar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:56 am

Ceetar
Jane Jarvis, Organist, 1964-1979

batmagadanleadoff wrote:Good by me. But define "use". Because I get it if you think we shouldn't use the real names in the posts we write. That's a sensible idea. But what about copying and pasting or linking to web articles that might include someone's real name?.

How about a screenshot? That's free from the Google spiders.
"Look, would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"

-Ceetar, the Optimistic Mets Fan

Postby d'Kong76 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 am

d'Kong76

Requests for a ruling from the Stockholm offices have fallen on deaf ears.
I really wonder what they do up there all day! Four moderators (admins)
here agree that no one should use another posters real-life name in any
negative/derogatory posts. Posts containing names and such will be ed-
ited or deleted at the discretion of the moderators.

When in Rome, you do as the Romans do.

Postby John Cougar Lunchbucket » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:49 am

John Cougar Lunchbucket
Eddie Yost, 3B Coach 1968-1975

That's all well and good and I would agree but at the risk of supporting martyrdom this post begins with a shot singling out an alleged "bad actor" on trumped-up claims, so to speak, and when he comes to defend himself it morphs into a thread about the appropriateness of said bad actor naming names.

I think Batmags for his own good should take up Michigan's offer to take the debate up offline, but would urge the rest of yous to be aware this is not purely a fantasy that there is critical singling out going on here.
Let me tell you something: I have a big set of balls.

Postby d'Kong76 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:01 am

d'Kong76

Speaking only for myself the whole 'bad actor' thing went over my head. I guess
I'm not following the political thing going on here very closely.

Postby Ceetar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:08 am

Ceetar

d'Kong76 wrote:I'm not following the political thing going on here very closely.

..is something Donald Trump would say.

Postby d'Kong76 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:11 am

d'Kong76

I'll also add that batmag's style of twisting things around like he's done in
this thread is old and aggravating.

The whole a) please don't use name in a negative/derogatory manner b) turned
into what if I use Vic's/Lunche's/G's name c) and then please tell me what you'd
like and I'll be more than happy to comply is just childish and maddening (to me).

Don't post peoples names in a MEAN MANNER... it's very simple.

Postby d'Kong76 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:12 am

d'Kong76

Ceetar wrote:
d'Kong76 wrote:I'm not following the political thing going on here very closely.

Perhaps... you think I'm Trumpesque?

Postby Ceetar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:14 am

Ceetar

d'Kong76 wrote:I'll also add that batmag's style of twisting things around like he's done in
this thread is old and aggravating.

The whole a) please don't use name in a negative/derogatory manner b) turned
into what if I use Vic's/Lunche's/G's name c) and then please tell me what you'd
like and I'll be more than happy to comply is just childish and maddening (to me).

Don't post peoples names in a MEAN MANNER... it's very simple.

This has gotten very meta all of a sudden.

Postby Vic Sage » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:15 am

Vic Sage
Tim Leary, failed blue-chip prospect and LSD enthusiast

What if it turns out that Senator Elizabeth Warren was cheating on her husband and having a steamy affair with the poster that goes by the name here of VicSage and that they had sex behind Lincoln's ass at the Lincoln Monument? And the papers got a hold of that one and named names. Would coverage of that affair be off limits on this forum? If I copied and pasted excerpts (of course, excerpts) of those articles, would I have to redact any real names of any posters here?

Shhhhhhhh....
"It's not the answers that matter, it's the questions."

Postby seawolf17 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 am

seawolf17
Phantom Met Terrel Hansen. Two days, zero games, 1992

d'Kong76 wrote:
Ceetar wrote:

Perhaps... you think I'm Trumpesque?

It's the hair.
I believe that someday I will punch that arrogant foreman at the plant square on his fat nose; that I will get in the last word with my wife; that I will win the Irish sweepstakes; that the Mets will start a winning streak.

Next

Return to Bitch to the Admins