What is this other thing?

Bitch to them or bitch about them. Forward your complaints here.

What is this other thing?

Postby batmagadanleadoff » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 pm

batmagadanleadoff
J.P. Ricciardi. Special Assistant to the GM

I often get a message in the Private Message folder to release on-hold messages in order to make room for new incoming messages that are being held back, presumably, because of a 50-message limit that I have reached. What is an on-hold message? Usually, I erase messages from either my inbox or outbox, or both, until I can finally view the new PM(s). I never know how many messages I have to erase. I assume that if there is a limit on the total # of PM's I can keep in the PM box, I would need to erase just the same number of messages as are being temporarily held back from my viewing. But it never works this way. Often, I have to erase more than one PM message just to see one new message. So maybe the limit is not based on the # of PM's, but on memory used. But anyways, what's an on-hold message?

Also, what's the difference between the Sent Messages folder in the PM area and the outbox?

Thanks.

Re: What is this other thing?

Postby d'Kong76 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:48 pm

d'Kong76
David Arthur Kingman, 1B-OF-3B 1975-1977, 1981-1983

I never really think about CPF PM's but I did accumulate a bunch that I just deleted.
It's much easier nowadays to fb messenger, email or just text because it goes right to phone.

(not that that answers your question)
"Sometimes you have to get to know someone really well to realize you're really strangers." - Mary Tyler Moore

Return to Bitch to the Admins